It wouldn’t be much of a fat tuesday if there wasn’t any fat. These pancakes are a a little gluttonus (okay, maybe it’s a little too much), but you can repent over lent.
If you like the sweet and salty bacon combination, you’ll like this. If you don’t, don’t bother trying it!
Fat Tuesday Bacon Pancakes
(recipe for 8 pancakes)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon white sugar
– 1 1/4 cups milk
– 1 egg
– 3 tablespoons butter, melted
– 8 slices of bacon, cooked and fat drained
1. Cook your bacon first– I used left over slices from another recipe from the day before. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine egg and milk and sugar; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Stir in melted butter.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle to the length of your bacon strip, and place a bacon strip on top. Cook until golden brown on one side, flip and finish cooking. Serve with warm maple syrup.
– Modification –
For round pancakes, place a tablespoon of bacon bits on your griddle. Pour or scoop batter on top of the bacon bits. Gently tap your pan or griddle to help the batter spread over the bacon.
… Essentially, they are the same thing!
3. Step 3? You’ll probably want to hit the gym