Get it?..Frozen brains…brain freeze. Here’s a chilling ice-cream idea for halloween!
Strawberry Ice Cream Brains
- Your favorite strawberry ice cream (cotton candy, and cherry work well too)
– Cherry Pie Filling
+ Ice cube brain mould
1. Start out by melting your favorite ice-cream. Do this by placing some in a refrigerator-safe bowl (with a lid); practice safe food handling, and slowly thaw in the fridge until liquidy.
2. Scoop melted ice cream into moulds; and re-freeze. ** Re-freezing ice will cause some ice crystals to form from condensation, and will change the texture of the ice-cream. If you are ultra ambitions, and want to create your own ice-cream, that would be ideal! I stuck some cherries from the cherry pie filling into the center of the moulds for the “haemorrhage” effect.
3. Pop-out the brains once they are frozen!
4. Serve with the cherry pie-filling
** Brain “haemorrhage” cherry!
…and a little more cherry pie filling for dramatic effect.